Acquire the synagogue for Fellowship Hall, College Ministry, additional connection group space, and staff offices.
- Cost: $2,000,000
- A $100,000 deposit has been given.
- The Fellowship Hall + Kitchen space will host Midweek Meals, Connection Group Gatherings, Young at Heart, The Forge: Men’s Bible Studies, Circle of Friends Groups, The Village, Women’s Retreat, Choir Retreat, Associational Events, etc.
- The College Ministry will utilize a large space for their Wednesday evening and Sunday morning gatherings.
- There will be room for several connection groups to meet in the synagogue in anticipation of growth.
- Staff offices will be moved from their current place to the synagogue to create more connection group space for adults and senior adults in the main building near the sanctuary. Currently, staff offices are spread out over the campus. Moving the staff offices will allow for all staff to be in the same building.
Renovate the existing Activities Building for Jefferson Kids + Construct a small welcome area in front of the existing Activities Building + Add covered walkways to campus connecting buildings.
- The cost of this renovation will be estimated upon completion of plans from the architect.
- This renovation will allow kids of all ages (Birth-5th Grade) to be in the same building. By doing this, we will eliminate two separate check-in processes in two separate places (Birth–Pre-K and K–5thGrade) and subsequently eliminate an inconvenient experience for parents.
- The small welcome area added on the front of the building will provide a single space for check-in.
- The covered walkways between the main building and the Activities Building will allow parents and kids to move from one building to another without worry of weather, etc.
- This renovation will allow for the nursery (Birth–Pre-K) to be relocated to first floor of the current Activities Building.
- K-5th Grade will be on the second floor of the current Activities Building (no renovation necessary).
- This renovation will also allow for Mother's Day Out/Jefferson Baptist Preschool to operate in the same area as Jefferson Kids during weekdays. By doing this, we will fully utilize the renovated space and be most cost efficient.
- Jefferson Sports (Weekly Co-Ed Basketball, March Madness, Yearly Volleyball Tournament, Pickleball, etc.) will have a dedicated gym space. Current conflicts would be eliminated with the moving of the fellowship space + kitchen to the synagogue.
Renovate existing College Room and upstairs MDO classrooms for Jefferson Students.
- The cost of this phase will be priced by small contractors and coordinated by our properties manager. Most of the work will be accomplished within the church body.
- This renovation will allow for Jefferson Students to have a worship space, game space, and fellowship space + kitchen.
- By renovating this space for Jefferson Students, we will have another large gathering area attached to the main building. This space is needed for Louisiana Baptist events, Men’s conferences, etc.
Build a new playground for Jefferson Kids and MDO/JBP adjacent to the current Activities Building.
- The cost of this phase will be priced by a playground company. The prices will include fencing, turf, and playground equipment.